Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Did you know?

That the honor of conducting the first Perpetual Novena in the Philippines goes, not to Baclaran, but to the Iloilo community, in May, 1946 in the Redemptorist Church of St. Clement.

This is according to the Website of the well-loved and famous National Shrine of our Mother of Perpetual Help in Baclaran.

I have added to this blog some links that would bring you to sites about the Mother of Perpetual Help. If you click the icon at the right side of my blog, just below my photo, you will be directed to the website of the Redemptorist Fathers (their General Province), who were the ones responsible in propagating the devotion to Mary, the Mother of Perpetual Help. Likewise, in My Catholic Links, there are also some useful links that I have provided about the same topic with special attention to the site of the National Shrine of our Mother of Perpetual Help in Baclaran, Philippines the site from which I got this trivia. Hope that this blog may help you be informed. Enjoy reading and spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment